Insurance and tax


Another way to protect your business to have relevant insurance policies in place, such as public liability and contents insurance.

"We have insured our contents and stock, and we also needed to insure the plate glass," says Dawn. "Our arrangement with CIGC provides the building insurance." 

Tax Requirements 

Tax requirements vary depending on whether you operate as a sole trader, partnership or as a private limited company. It's worth investing in a good accountant to advise you on your tax liabilities.

Visit the Australian Taxation Office website for more information on this.